Sunday, December 14, 2008

Billy Elliot; the happiest movie I've seen in a while, by Andy

Karl suggested this movie, notwithstanding its arguably homosexual agenda (haha Karl; inside joke). I truly enjoyed this movie, and I have to say that this film was the most heart-warming, uplifting film I've seen in quite some time.

First things first - I quite enjoy using the word "poof" now. It's so much less vulgar, and way more in line with my feelings towards others and my political persuasion.

If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend watching with subtitles. The far-north English accents were very difficult to understand, even for my Irish friend.

I guess the movie doesn't have any major plot arcs, and it seems satisfyingly predictable; but I don't think that detracts from the movie's brilliance. Frankly, I like a good straight-forward, know-it's-going-to-be-ok, happily-ever-after movie. Yes, we all know that Billy's dad will eventually come around, but it's fun to see it happen.

The kid who played Billy was fantastic too; probably a performance worthy of some acclaim.

Anyway, if "F" words don't bother you (and they don't me), this movie should leave you feeling pretty good.

by Andy

No comments: