Monday, April 12, 2010

"Overnight" comments by Andy

Troy Duffy is a douche. He's probably going to google his own name and read this blog. Frankly, I don't care. What a tool!!!!

"Overnight" was fascinating. It's not common for me to be so enthralled and enraged at the same time. The documentary was fascinating on two levels - one as an inside look into how things work in Hollywood, and second as how amazingly arrogant and stupid Troy Duffy is in blowing his deal.

Hollywood is fickle and finicky. A lot of promises are given and broken - lives made and then suddenly shattered. Also, it's extremely political; piss off or on the wrong person and it could get you blacklisted like a communist during McCarthy. Troy Duffy is a perfect example of what NOT to do if you find yourself suddenly in the limelight because Harvey Weinstein takes an interest in your film.

Did anyone even see "Boondock Saints?" My first question should be why did Mr. Weinstein even like "Boondock Saints?" It was really a stupid film without an impressive plot, or any real character development, cinematography, or violence. It seemed on par with a mediocre first attempt at film-making. I don't know what the fuss was all about. Honestly, far too many F words and otherwise stupid dialogue for me to really enjoy watching it. How did he even get a sequel? Why did the sequel suck so badly too???

Anyway, thanks Troy Duffy for reminding me that even total douche bags catch unbelievably awesome breaks and still find a way to screw it up! Your brother was right - you lost sight of it. You really should have focused more on the band.

Oh, and by the way, Mr. Duffy, if you do read this, feel free to respond and offer counter-argument. Andy is my real name...

1 comment:

Jason Pyles, Movie Critic said...

Andy,

I knew — I mean, I just knew — that while I was attempting to write my even-tempered, carefully worded thoughts about "Overnight" and Troy Duffy that you would absolutely level him. And it is hilarious! Sometimes, I think we have a good cop-bad cop thing going on this blog. I won't be surprised if he does find your post and, to quote "The Godfather," "lose that famous temper of [his]." But if he does, he will have met his match. If you two start verbally duking it out on here, I'm going to sell tickets.

Jason